All bookings at The Kilns Hotel must be undertaken on the following terms.
Please find in this web page below the required terms and conditions for:
Website Terms and Conditions
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions. The Kilns Hotel reserve the right to change or amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The Kilns Hotel use reasonable endeavours to ensure that material contained on this site is correct and accurate, and all material is published in good faith. The Kilns Hotel shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential losses or damages arising out of the use of this site or any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the material or information provided.
1. The Kilns Hotel accepts no liability for any information, notices, advertisement etc submitted by others to this site.
2. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use of performance of this site or its contents.
3. All users are advised to check all details of the advertisement carefully before entering into any agreements of any kind. If in doubt, please seek legal advice.
4. The Kilns Hotel reserve the right, without notice, to amend the specifications of products and services presented on the site and to discontinue any product or service.
5. Whilst The Kilns Hotel endeavour to ensure that all details are correct at all times, we cannot guarantee its complete accuracy.
6. The Kilns Hotel is not responsible or accountable for the content of external internet sites.
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. A deposit of one nights stay per room is required paid in advance to confirm your booking. Reservations cannot be made without a deposit.
2. Deposits can be made by telephone using a credit/debit card, or in person, which will include cash payments.
3. Cancellations for hotel room reservations must be received 48 hours prior to the day of arrival; deposits will be refunded. If a cancellation of a reservation is not received by the required date, The Kilns Hotel will charge for one night’s accommodation per room booked; deposits of one night stay will be retained. Our cancellation policy still applies if you cancel your reservation due to adverse weather conditions. However, we will allow you to change your reservation to an alternative date within 6 months of the original check in date. No refunds will be given.
4. Guests failing to check in on the confirmation date will be classed as a ‘no show’, and charged 1 nights stay.
5. The remainder of your payment is required upon arrival, unless the full payment has already been made.
6. Check in time is 3pm until 10pm (Monday – Saturday), 3pm until 5pm Sundays. Check out time is 11am.
7. Guests who wish to check in before 3pm will be charged a £10 early check in fee (48 hour notice required). Early check in is upon availability. Guests who wish to check in before 12pm on the day of arrival are required to book the room for the night before, charged at the full rate.
8. Guests who wish to check out between 11am and 1pm will be charged a £10 late check out fee (48 hour notice required). Guests who wish to check out after 1pm will be charged an extra nights stay (upon availability). i.e. £99.50 for a double room.
9. We operate a 24 hour reception service / night concierge.
10. Guests arriving late are required to contact The Kilns Hotel prior to their arrival where a member of staff will be able to advise you.
11. Key safe codes will be issued to late arriving guests where you will be able to retrieve a key to your room.
12. Rooms 1 – 7 are accessed via the door situated at the front of the building and not the reception door. Your keys WILL NOT open the reception door.
13. The emergency numbers situated on a sign outside reception is for emergency use only, and NOT to be used for general enquires. Please read this notice carefully.
14. Description of a room for family of 3 – Sleep up to three people – 2 adults and 1 child.
15. Description of a room for family of 4 – Sleep up to four people – 2 adults and 2 children.
16. Children are considered to be under the age of 16.
17. By providing The Kilns Hotel / The White Napkin with your email address you agree to receiving periodic marketing emails from The Kilns Hotel / The White Napkin. Unsubscribe information will be provided on emails received (except confirmation emails). Your email addresses are not passed onto 3rd party companies for marketing purposes.
18. Payments by cash and card must be accompanied with photo ID (passport or drivers license), which will be photocopied. Showing a credit or debit card will not be accepted as proof of ID.
The Kilns Hotel Policy
1. Only quiet activities are permitted from 2100 to 0800. This is for the general comfort of all guests.
2. Visitors to guest rooms are permitted, but are not allowed to stay overnight. Visitors are requested to leave guest rooms no later that 10:45pm. Although they are welcome to finish the remainder of their stay in the bar/lounge area if open.
3. Entry into private areas of the hotel or the rooms of any guest without authorisation is forbidden.
4. Your rooms and facilities are provided for your comfort. Please treat them with respect.
5. It is strictly forbidden to use, sell, store or be in possession of illegal substances on theses premises. The police will be notified if anyone is suspected of using, selling, storing or in possession of illegal substances and will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
6. No fuel, gas or electric cooking appliances are allowed in guest rooms; i.e. Gas or electric hobs, Microwaves, sandwich makers or grills. Only those items provided by the hotel are permitted.
7. Disorderly behaviour of any type will not be tolerated. All guests are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner.
8. Those that wish to smoke can do so outside, away from the buildings and must use the receptacles provided when disposing of used cigarette ends.
9. For your safety the use of incense sticks, candles, or alike are not permitted to be used within any of the buildings on the premises as this can be a fire hazard.
10. We do not allow food or drink brought into the hotel from outside to be consumed on the premises. Please ask for restaurant opening times at reception.
11. Guests are not permitted to enter staff areas at any time.
NOTE: Our fire system is extremely sensitive, and can be tracked back to the room it was activated in.
10. Physical or verbal abuse towards staff will not be tolerated, and will result in being asked to leave the premises, and if required the police will be involved.
11. The use of your own TV equipment (TV cards, TV’s, TV tuning equipment etc.) is not permitted. Only the use of TV equipment supplied by the hotel may be used. For more information please contact the hotel management.
12. Guests are expected to book if they wish to dine in The White Napkin Restaurant. You should wait in the bar area to be seated. Please call the reception or the bar for booking details.
13. It is company policy that we do not permit guests to bring their own food, wine, beer, spirits, or soft drinks for consumption in their rooms. Any guests found to be consuming their own beverages will be charged a corkage fee.
14. Guests leaving the Hotel in the evening are requested to respect other guests and neighbours and conduct themselves in a quiet and well-behaved manner.
15. Smoking*: We are a NON SMOKING hotel and an additional £75.00 will be added to the bill if the guest is found to be smoking, including any additional costs such as, but not limited to, deep cleaning and burn repairs. Smoking out of hotel windows is classed as smoking in the premises. In line with the new non-smoking regulations (July 2007), we have the right to ask any Customer who is found smoking on the hotel’s premises to leave the hotel.
Smoking areas are available, please use the receptacles provided.
Any person(s) who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the Hotel / Restaurant, any furniture or furnishings within the Hotel / Restaurant or other public or private buildings / areas shall be liable for damages sustained, including the Hotel . Restaurant’s loss of revenue resulting from the inability to rent, lease or use rooms while the damage is being repaired.
We reserve the right to charge any person(s) the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hotel / restaurant’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. Any damage/cleaning resulting in the use of contracting specialists to make the repairs will be charged to the person(s) held responsible, and we reserve the right to make all costs chargeable to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion.
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
18. Tampering with Fire Detection Systems and Fire Fighting Equipment:
We reserve the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the hotel due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the hotel. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion. Should the fact that fire fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
19. Inappropriate Behaviour:
It is the hotel’s policy that all our guests have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behaviour. Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Manager / Supervisor, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Manager / Supervisor, the hotel reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest(s). Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotelâ€™s discretion, or guests may be asked to leave the hotel.
20. Illegal Behaviour:
The guest hereby warrants and represents that they will not use the bedroom for any purpose which is illegal. If there is any suspicion of illegal activities the police will be informed and requested to investigate.
21. Lost Property:
Any ‘unclaimed’ property found in public or guest areas will be kept for a period of thirty (30) days from the time the item/s are found. After this time any unclaimed property will be properly disposed of or donated to charity.
The Kilns Hotel operates a 24 hour CCTV system within and around the premises, which are used for the following purposes; to prevent and detect crime, to protect the health and safety of guests and staff, to protect and manage the premises, and for quality control purposes. By making any reservation, booking or visiting to The Kilns Hotel, you agree to; the use of CCTV on and around the premises, the storing of information captured on CCTV, and the use of CCTV information in any event we deem necessary.
23. Car Park:
The Kilns Hotel will not be held responsible for the damage or loss from vehicles parked in the car park. Guests park at their own risk.
Any guests who are unwilling to comply with The Kilns Hotel policy shall not be permitted to infringe upon the rights of other hotel guests or local neighbours and may be asked to leave. The hotel management has the right to amend the hotel policy at anytime. If you wish to talk about any of the above please feel free to talk to any of the hotel management.
* This is strictly a Non Smoking Hotel. Any guest found to be smoking in their room may be asked to leave. Should you wish to smoke please do so outside where receptacles are available for extinguishing cigarettes. This is to prevent sensitive fire alarms from going off and disturbing other guests and in order that the premises insurance policy is not affected. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Events and Private Functions
All event bookings or private functions at The Kilns Hotel & The White Napkin Restaurant must be undertaken on the following terms.
All bookings will be considered definite when confirmed in writing, together with a deposit of £500.00. This deposit will become non- refundable 7 days prior to the function. If the client cancels their function before 7 days prior to the function, 50% of the deposit will be non-refundable. Provisional bookings can be made by telephone, letter, or in person. These bookings will be held for 2 weeks, after this, should you decide to proceed with the booking it must be confirmed in writing together with the deposit. If it is not confirmed after 2 weeks the provisional booking will automatically be cancelled.
You may select for your party, one menu from the menu choices provided. Charges for children ages 3-11 years inclusive are at 50% of the menu price you select. If customers’ menus are printed incorrectly the management reserves the right to withdraw them. You must inform us at least 2 weeks in advance of the function, details of menu choice. If you have any special dietary requirements or alterations to details in the menu, you must inform us 2 weeks in advance in writing by email or letter. Telephone messages left at reception are not be accepted. We will require you to return your pre-order form signed and dated 7 days prior to the function. Any additional requests outside of that supplied and agreed by us may be subject to an additional charge.
We require the client to supply us with anticipated numbers of guests attending 14 days prior to a function and final numbers confirmed in writing 7 days prior. After 7 days this final figure will be the amount for which you will be charged, even if numbers are reduced after this cut off day. Agreed guest numbers must be strictly adhered to and numbers may be checked on the day, any increase in the number of guests outside of that already agreed, the client will be charged for the extra guests attending. This revised number will be the final confirmed number attending. The maximum capacity for a wedding breakfast is set at 30-32 guests seated and 55-60 for a buffet style function. Due to the overall size of the hotel the total number of guest as stated above are recommended for the comfort and safety of those invited. With this in mind we must strictly adhere to these numbers. As a result we will require you to provide us with a complete guest list 7 days prior to the event, guests may be asked to confirm their names against the guest list provided. Please note: It may be possible to cater for larger numbers up to 60 people seated and 80 people for a buffet, using a marquee sited to the front of the building. Please call us to discuss this option.
For functions booked several months in advance, a pro forma invoice will be sent 6 weeks prior to the function date. Upon receipt of the invoice an interim payment of 25% must be made, with the balance due for payment in full 7 days prior to the function. All payments must be by cash, or credit card. Payments made by cheque will only be accepted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the function date, and funds must clear 2 weeks prior to the function date. All restaurant and function bills must be settled at the time of departure. Please note that we do not attach a 10% service charge to our bar and restaurant bills, but would encourage you to show your gratitude to the staff at your discretion.
5. Short Notice Bookings
We will usually require a minimum of two weeks notice to arrange your event. Please call our office to discuss your requirements. Special invoice payment methods and deposits will be agreed on an individual basis and confirmed in writing. All other terms and conditions apply.
It is company policy that we do not permit guests to bring their own food, wine, beer, spirits, or soft drinks for consumption at their function, with the exception of celebration cakes, unless otherwise agreed with the management. See below for details of our Bar and Corkage policy.
7. Wedding Evening Functions and Buffets
Should a wedding breakfast continue into the evening, an additional evening buffet must be served to a minimum of 80% of the total- attending guests, from 7.00pm onwards. The management will be pleased to discuss buffet menus. For prices please refer to our buffet menus provided. See Hotel Hire Charge below for full details.
Please be aware our gardens are small and situated mainly to the front of the property, where it is mostly used as a car park and is close to a busy road. We do not take responsibility for the supervision of children who must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult, as we accept no responsibility for customer negligence.
9. Finishing Times
The latest time is 11.30pm (11.00pm on Sunday – Thursday) and the bar will close at that time. The lounge can be opened to residents only for drinks once all non-residents have vacated the building and grounds of the hotel. By prior agreement you may request a late bar which will remain open until 1.00am. A late licence fee will be required for a late bar. We do, however, request that all public areas are vacated by 1.30am. All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. The bar opening times will remain at the discretion of the management.
10. Entertainment and Discos
For the comfort of your guests and nearby residents, due to noise levels and the limitations of space, we are unable to provide a facility to cater for bands, however a solo signer or pianist may be possible. Noise levels, which are monitored, must not exceed 95 decibels. If entertainers continue to fail to stay within this limit, we reserve the right to disconnect the power supply. It is advised due to the residential nature of the hotel that drums are not included in any bands musical equipment. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure any entertainers using the electrical equipment has the appropriate safety certification. If, in the opinion of the management, the equipment is unsafe we reserve the right to disconnect the power supply. It is also the responsibility of the client to ensure that all entertainers have public liability insurance. The music must be turned off at 11.30 pm promptly (Friday – Saturday) and 11.00 pm promptly (Sunday – Thursday). Please advise your entertainer or discos that they must leave no later than 30 minutes after the end of the function. The management has the right to change their music policy at any time.
11. Equipment and Property
Clients’ own equipment and property is brought into the Kilns Hotel at their own risk. The Kilns Hotel accepts no liability for loss or damage. Wedding presents must be removed from the premises, as the company cannot accept these items for safekeeping. Our insurance does not include any of your, or your guests’ personal possessions within the hotel or car park.
Clients are responsible for any damage caused by themselves, or their guests, agents or employees. This applies to any property within the hotel buildings or grounds. Clients credit / debit cards will be charged for any damage caused. Please note: we operate a zero tolerance level for violent or abusive behaviour towards our staff or other guests. This will result in the offending person(s) being asked to leave the premises or in serious cases the police will be called and prosecution will be sought.
Should a client enter a contract with The Kilns Hotel using an agent, the agent acts for the client and it is the clients’ responsibility for the payment to be made to The Kilns Hotel and to settle all accounts, it is not the responsibility of a 3rd party agent to make payment.
Bedroom check out time is 11.00am. To allow staff to service the rooms, the earliest check in time is 2.00pm. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to access to rooms prior to this time.
15. Group Bedroom Booking Policy
Block booked bedrooms for guests attending your function require credit card details from the client as a guarantee; the bedrooms will then be reserved in your name. When guests ring to reserve rooms, your name will be deleted and their name taken along with their credit card details. Your final function payment date is 2 weeks before the function date. At this stage any unreserved accommodation must be cancelled or charges will incur.
16. Bedroom Cancellations (Functions)
Bedroom cancellations must be notified to us 48 hours prior to arrival. If we are unable to re-let the accommodation, or in the event of a non-arrival, you will be invoiced for the confirmed room rate. Deposits on bedrooms are not refundable.
17. Hotel Hire Charges
17.1. Evening Use of the Restaurant for Private Dining
There is a restaurant hire charge of £225.00. This allows exclusive use of the restaurant area only. Although the restaurant may be used for private functions, the bar lounge area would be shared with other guests who are not attending your function. Access for private use of the restaurant is from 7:30pm – 11:30pm and the bar will close at 11:30pm (Friday and Saturday), all guests are expected to vacate the restaurant by 12.00 midnight. There is a minimum of number of 30 guests required in order to have private use of the restaurant. The use of a DJ and/or a dance floor would not be possible when the restaurant is set out for a sit down meal.
17.2. Daytime use of the Restaurant and Bar Lounge for private functions
For private use of the restaurant and bar area for a daytime function, there is a room hire charge of £225.00. You will be able to hire both rooms from 12:00 noon – 5:30pm after which time we will need to prepare the rooms for evening dining (Monday to Saturday). There is a minimum of number of 30 guests required to have sole use of the rooms. The use of a DJ and/or a dance floor would not be permitted.
17.3. Exclusive and Private use of the entire hotel facility for all day or evening functions
Private use of the restaurant and lounge bar area for an evening or all day events is only possible if the client hires the entire hotel. This will include all 15-guest rooms. There is a hire charge of £500.00, which will secure the private use of the facility, but does not include bedroom hire, food or drink, other than breakfast the following morning, which is included in the room rate.
You will have private use of the hotel from 12:00 noon on day one to 11.00am the following morning, at which time all guests are required to check out. The bar and lounge will be available from 12.00 noon and close at 11:30pm (Friday and Saturday), and your function should end by midnight. Guests should vacate the bar and lounge area by 12:30am. There is a minimum of number of 30 guests required to have sole use of the dining room. The use of a DJ and/or a dance floor would not be possible if the restaurant is used for a sit down meal. There is a minimum number of 40 guests required if you wish to have a buffet, with a maximum number of guests set at 55. If you require a buffet a DJ can be used for dance music. (Please see section under Entertainment and discos)
Prices listed are valid until the 31st December of that year, but are subject to alteration without prior notice. We reserve the right to increase prices in the event of circumstances beyond our control. When a firm booking has been taken and £500.00 deposit has been received, prices will not increase until after the 31st December of that year. There is no charge for background music, cake stand and knife or use of gardens. No floral decorations or table arrangements are included in any prices quoted. We do not provide changing facilities. However a bedroom can be reserved at the normal bedroom rate if this facility is required.
19. Bar and Corkage
We have a good selection of red and white wines to choose from. Our house red wine is a Merlot grape and our house white wine is a Pinot Grigio. We carry a selection of champagnes, spirits, bottled beers and soft drinks.
19.1. Bar Management
There are various ways the bar can be managed. The options are as follows: Please confirm with us at the time of booking how you would like us to manage your bar.
1. Limited Period – Open Bar. You can budget an amount of money, which can be held behind the bar for your guests to use. Once that
limit is reached you will be informed, allowing you the opportunity to increase your payment, or if you wish, following your instructions your guests will be charged for drinks, set at our usual bar rates. Full details of drinks are kept electronically on our epos till; a copy of each transaction is electronically recorded.
2. Open Bar. With this option you are required to pay an agreed deposit in advance, your guests are not limited to a fixed amount they are able consume. This means that you (the client) will be responsible for the entire bar bill. The balance of the bill is payable in full the at the end of the function, payment is by credit card or cash. We do not accept cheques.
3. Pay Bar. With this option your guests are responsible for paying all drinks they consume. As an addition to this option you can supply your own wines, which include white, red, rose and sparkling wine but does not including beers or spirits. There is a corkage charge of £10.00 per bottle of wine opened and £15.00 per bottle of sparkling wine opened. All drinks must be opened and served by our bar staff.
We operate a strict ‘Challenge 21’ policy, which will require anyone when requested to produce identification in the form of their driving license (with photo), passport or ‘prove it’ ID card.
The management thank you for your co-operation to adhering to the above policy. This policy is designed to make your stay as enjoyable and safe and relaxing as possible. The Kilns Hotel reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any given time by giving you notice by posting the amended terms and conditions on this website.
Your comfort is our pleasure.
The Kilns Hotel, Warley Street, Great Warley, Brentwood CM13 3LB
Hotel Reservations: +44 (0)1277 217 107
Restaurant Reservations: +44 (0)1277 245 815
Fax: +44 (0)1277 210 179